With half the world currently working from home due to the Coronavirus. I thought there are bound to be lots of computer problems. As I am self quarantined I thought I might be able to help. So if you are at home and something to do with your computer is not working. Then leave a comment below and I will do my best to get you up and working from home again.
Together we can get through this.
Working from home computer problems -Quick help
I am happy to help you with any computer problems you might have but here are some quick tips to get your computer working again fast.
- Switch it off and on again – everyone laughs but this really works, the computer self detects problems on startup. Click the Windows key, then power option and select restart.
- Check all cables are connected correctly. If for instance your mouse is not working unplug and plug back in.
- Use Task Manager to close a program that is not working (To do this right-click the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen and select Task Manager. A new window will open, type the first letter of the name of the program or use the mouse to select the program name and then click end task. Then restart the program.
- Restart router. If you are having internet-related problems restart your router by unplugging and plugging back in.
- Type your problem in the above search box and see if the question has already been answered.
- Comment below and I will do my best to answer you as soon as I can.
Please note that if you are working from home
- Your IT staff are probably getting lots of calls, stay calm and be patient.
- Your local internet provider is also likely to be a little overwhelmed. The internet is great but when lots of people use it at the same time it can slow down. (you can check your internet speed here)
- If you are experiencing slow internet speed on a certain website it may well be that site that is slow and not your computer.
Working from home – tips
- Choose a seat that supports your back.
- Avoid distracting social media.
- Take regular breaks and walk around the house.
- Turn the blue filter on your computer on to save your eyes (Click here for more information on the blue screen)
- Remember to clean your hands before using the keyboard and mouse.
Also if you have resolved your working from home computer problem, feel free to leave a comment below, it is nice to know that I am not sitting here on my own.
I have found 2 programs exec. Trojans that are destroying my main computer. I have unplugged for a while; but when I plug it again, it works for several minutes, then freeze with a window that gives the phone number to call. Then they want to charge over $2k to fix the problem.