In this guide, we show you how to print word documents in landscape orientation. You can print word documents in either landscape or portrait mode. This is known as the orientation of the page, landscape means the widest part of the page is at the bottom and portrait means the widest part is vertical. You can either start the document in the chosen orientation or change it at any point.
There are two ways to change the orientation. The first is whilst you are still working on the document and the second is when you are ready to print the document. Although we have chosen Word 2010 the same applies to most Microsoft products.
How to view or print Word documents in landscape orientation (whilst working)
- At the top of the document, there is a selection of tabs. Select the Page Layout tab.
- From the drop-down of the page layout tab click Orientation
- Select Landscape
- You will see the document visually change to landscape on the screen.
How to print Word documents in landscape
Assuming your document is currently in portrait and you want to print in landscape. Follow the below instructions.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Print
- Below you will see the Portrait Orientation button. Click the Portrait Orientation button and select Landscape Orientation
- You will see a visual of the orientation change in the print preview box
If you would prefer to change the orientation to portrait then please follow the steps but select portrait instead of landscape.
Wait.. before you go, please leave us a comment.
We hope you found this guide on how to print Word documents in landscape orientation useful. We spend lots of time putting these guides together. If we helped you then please help us and leave a comment below and a like on Facebook.
We really value your support and feedback here at Techsnail.com.