You may have wondered if you can change the Windows lock screen Apps or what information can be displayed when your computer is locked. In this guide, we explain more about what you can add to or change with the Windows lock screen.
What Apps and information can the lock screen display?
The lock screen app selection in Windows 10 is limited. You are able to add up to seven regular apps to the lock screen and one app to display detailed or live information. The seven app section in Windows 10 is really just bare bones information, such as the number of emails or messages.
The setting for more detailed information allows you to select one app which will display a little more information such as the calendar.
How to change the Windows lock screen Apps in Windows 10
Remember if you have not set up and configured the apps then they will not display anything. If you would like to know how to change the Windows lock screen Apps please follow the instructions below.
- Go to the desktop (Shortcut is to press the Windows key and D together)
- Right-click any blank area of the desktop
- Select Personalize from the menu
- The settings menu window will open showing the personalize section
- Select Lock screen from the options on the left (see number 1 in the image below)
- Scroll down using the scroll bar (see number 2 in the image below)
- Click one of the boxes below the Choose apps to show quick status, (see number 3 in the image below)
- This will bring up a list of apps for you to choose from
- Click the app you wish to display and repeat if you want more than one app.
- To select one app to provide more detailed/live information click the box below the words Choose an app to show detailed information. (see number 4 in the image below)
- Click the app you wish to display.
- Close the window, it automatically saves.
Note: A quick way to get to the lock screen is to press the Windows Key and L together.
Wait.. before you go, please leave us a comment.
We hope you found this guide on how to change the Windows lock screen apps useful. We spend lots of time putting these guides together. If we helped you then please help us and leave a comment below and a like on Facebook.
We really value your support and feedback here at Techsnail.com.