In Windows 10 it is easy to change the name of your computer and in this guide, we will show you how. Please also check our section below on things to know before changing the name of the computer.
How to change the name of your computer in Windows 10
- Press the Windows key
- Click the Settings icon or type settings in the text box.
- Select System
- Click About
- Click the button ‘Rename this PC’
- A new window will open, type the new computer name into the text box and press Next
- A new window will open confirming the name will change when you restart your computer. Make sure your work is saved and click restart.
- The computer name change is now complete.
Things to consider before changing the computer name
If your computer is on a domain or home network, then you may wish to consider whether changing the name will affect anything else on the domain or network. Also if the computer you are attempting to change the name of is work or company computer you may find that you cannot change the name or that you lose access to printers or devices on the network, please check with your IT department before making changes.
It is also worth noting that changing the name of the computer itself, does not affect the user accounts stored on the computer.
Wait.. before you go, please leave us a comment
Thank you for visiting my site, I hope this guide on how to change the name of your computer in Windows 10 was helpful? Any feedback via the comments below would be really appreciated.
Please look at my other guides here at Techsnail.