In this guide, we show you how to change the brightness in Windows 10. There are a number of reasons why you might want to change the brightness in Windows 10. If you are using a laptop changing the brightness level could preserve the battery or make it easier to see outside in bright conditions or inside in the dark.
Important: If you are using a computer with a cable attached monitor you may not be able to adjust the brightness settings from the computer. Instead, you can adjust the brightness on the monitor itself.
Instructions on how to change the brightness in Windows 10 on a laptop
- Press the Windows key to activate the text box on the taskbar
- Type Settings in the text box on the taskbar
- Press Enter
- Choose System
- Choose Display from the selection on the left
- Scroll down to Adjust brightness level
- Click and hold whilst dragging the scale left or right to decrease/increase brightness.
There are also power settings for brightness control, please see our post how to change when the screen turns off. Windows 10 can also change the brightness level automatically depending on whether you are plugged in or running on a battery.
Other ways to change the brightness level in Windows 10
- If your computer has an ambient light sensor it can even adjust the brightness compared to the environmental light conditions.
- Laptop computers often built-in brightness keys. The keys will have an image of a sun combined with a plus or minus symbol and are usually located at the top of the keyboard.
- On laptop computers, you can change the brightness level by clicking the battery symbol at the bottom right of the screen and then click the sun icon. This is limited to 25% movements. See below.
Wait.. before you go, please leave us a comment.
We hope you found this guide on how to change the brightness levels useful. We spend lots of time putting these guides together. If we helped you then please help us and leave a comment below and a like on Facebook.
We really value your support and feedback here at Techsnail.com.