In this guide we show you how to check if you connected to a proxy server? Maybe you are at work or using a free wireless connection and wanted to check if you are directly connected to the internet. Please follow the instructions below to find out. When using the command prompt (back end of windows) we ask that you follow the instructions carefully.
How to check if you are connected to a proxy server
- Press the Windows key to activate the text box on the taskbar.
- Type CMD in the text box on the taskbar
- Command Prompt will appear in the list above Right-click and select run as administrator
- An alert box may ask Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device. Click yes
- At the command prompt window (see below) type netsh winhttp show proxy
- Press Enter
- Confirmation of connection to a proxy server will be displayed on the screen (see below)
We hope you found this guide on how to check if you are connected to a proxy server useful. If you would like to know more about proxy servers, we have a complete guide in our post What is a Proxy Server?
Wait.. before you go, please leave us a comment.
We spend lots of time putting these guides together. If we helped you then please help us and leave a comment below and a like on Facebook.
We really value your support and feedback here at Techsnail.com.
Thank you that helped